Monday, 3 October 2011

His female relative has married a man who belongs to the Habashi sect (al-Ahbaash) -- what should he do?


There is a man who has married a female relative of ours, but some time after marriage it became clear that he belongs to the misguided Habashi sect. I hope that you can advise me how to guide him to the straight path and the way of the saheeh Sunnah. May Allaah bless your efforts.

Praise be to Allaah.

We have previously spoken about the Habashi sect and
explained the beliefs that they have that are contrary to the beliefs of Ahl
al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, in the answer to question number

A number of scholars have warned against their misguidance
and deviation and some books have been written about that which it would be
good for you to refer to. 

With regard to advising this man who belongs to al-Ahbaash,
that should be done by a capable seeker of knowledge (taalib ‘ilm) who has
studied their misguidance and is able to respond to it properly, and who is
also able to explain the beliefs of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah properly. If
that is not possible, then you can give him a book which refutes them
without getting involved in debates or arguments if you is not qualified to
do that, especially in front of common folk who may be influenced by these

The advice should be given with wisdom and beautiful
preaching. Some people join this sect out of ignorance of its beliefs and
because they think well of its members, and giving him advice in a harsh
manner may prompt him to adhere more firmly to it and defend it. 

Advice should also be given to the wife in an appropriate
manner to beware of the misguidance of this group. We advise you to refer to
this website to find out the truth about the Habashis: 


[website is in Arabic and English] 

And Allaah knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment