Tuesday 11 October 2011

Temporary Marriage

 

About four weeks ago I met an Arabic man
who followed Islam, he told me that he had special interest in me and wanted to be with
me. To validate this "dating" he requested that we be "temporarly
married". I have searched and searched for the explanation of this "temporary
marriage". I really love this man and would marry him, but from what I have read it
seems as though we already maybe married. I am very confused and would like to have this
cleared up.

Praise be to Allaah.

There is no such thing in Islam as so-called “temporary
marriage,” but some people who follow misguided innovations that have been introduced
into the religion still believe in the validity of something known as “mut’ah
marriage,” which is a form of temporary marriage. However, this type of marriage was
abrogated or cancelled out and is not part of Islamic law (translator’s note: it was
allowed for a brief period during the very early days of Islam, when society was in
transition, but was definitively and for all time abrogated during the life of the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)).

You should beware of such people, and not let
your emotions overwhelm you and stop you from following the truth.

And Allaah knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment