Thursday 14 June 2012

About Islam - Prayers In The Quran


The Quran provides us with many specific prayers that we may use for ourselves. The Quran contains the Contact Prayers in Sura 1, as well as other various prayers of supplication and commemoration. A list of Quranic prayers is provided here. God advises us in Sura 2, Verse 186: When My servants ask you about Me, I am always near. I answer their prayers when they pray to Me...
In the name of GOD, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

The very first prayer we encounter in the Quran is the Contact Prayers. These are the specific words used by Muslims five times a day for Salat. Sura 1 (The Key), Verses 1-7: "Praise be to GOD, Lord of the universe. Most Gracious, Most Merciful. Master of the Day of Judgment. You alone we worship; You alone we ask for help. Guide us in the right path; the path of those whom You blessed; not of those who have deserved wrath, nor of the strayers."
Other Quranic prayers are;
[2:128] "Our Lord, make us submitters to You, and from our descendants let there be a community of submitters to You. Teach us the rites of our religion, and redeem us. You are the Redeemer, Most Merciful."
[2:201] "Our Lord, grant us righteousness in this world, and righteousness in the Hereafter, and spare us the retribution of Hell."
[2:250] "Our Lord, grant us steadfastness, strengthen our foothold, and support us against the disbelieving people."
[2:286] "Our Lord, do not condemn us if we forget or make mistakes. Our Lord, and protect us from blaspheming against You, like those before us have done. Our Lord, protect us from sinning until it becomes too late for us to repent. Pardon us and forgive us. You are our Lord and Master. Grant us victory over the disbelieving people."
[3:8] "Our Lord, let not our hearts waver, now that You have guided us. Shower us with Your mercy; You are the Grantor."
[3:16] "Our Lord, we have believed, so forgive us our sins, and spare us the agony of the hellfire."
[3:26-27] "Our god: possessor of all sovereignty. You grant sovereignty to whomever You choose, You remove sovereignty from whomever You choose. You grant dignity to whomever You choose, and commit to humiliation whomever You choose. In Your hand are all provisions. You are Omnipotent. You merge the night into the day, and merge the day into the night. You produce the living from the dead, and produce the dead from the living, and You provide for whomever You choose, without limits."
[3:147] "Our Lord, forgive us our sins, and our transgressions, strengthen our foothold, and grant us victory over the disbelievers."
[3:191-192] "Our Lord, You did not create all this in vain. Be You glorified. Save us from the retribution of Hell. Our Lord, whomever You commit to Hell are the ones You have forsaken. Such transgressors have no helpers."
[3:193-194] "Our Lord, we have heard a caller calling to faith and proclaiming: `You shall believe in your Lord,' and we have believed. Our Lord, forgive us our transgressions, remit our sins, and let us die as righteous believers. Our Lord, shower us with the blessings you promised us through Your messengers, and do not forsake us on the Day of Resurrection. You never break a promise."
[6:162-163] "My Contact Prayers (Salat), my worship practices, my life and my death, are all devoted absolutely to GOD alone, the Lord of the universe. He has no partner. This is what I am commanded to believe, and I am the first to submit."
[7:23] "Our Lord, we have wronged our souls, and unless You forgive us and have mercy on us, we will be losers."
[7:126] "Our Lord, grant us steadfastness, and let us die as submitters."
[7:155-156] "...You are our Lord and Master, so forgive us, shower us with Your mercy; You are the best Forgiver. And decree for us righteousness in this world, and in the Hereafter. We have repented to You."
[10:10] ...Their prayer therein (in the Gardens of Bliss) is: "Be You glorified, our god," their greeting therein is, "Peace," and their ultimate prayer is: "Praise be to GOD, Lord of the universe."
[10:85-86] "We trust in GOD. Our Lord, save us from the persecution of these oppressive people. Deliver us, with Your mercy, from the disbelieving people."
[11:47] "My Lord, I seek refuge in You, lest I implore You ...for something I do not know. Unless You forgive me, and have mercy on me, I will be with the losers."
[12:101] "My Lord, ...Initiator of the heavens and the earth; You are my Lord and Master in this life and in the Hereafter. Let me die as a submitter, and count me with the righteous."
[14:35] "My Lord, make this a peaceful land, and protect me and my children from worshiping idols."
[14:40-41] "My Lord, make me one who consistently observes the Contact Prayers (Salat), and also my children. Our Lord, please answer my prayers. My Lord, forgive me ...and the believers, on the day when the reckoning takes place."
[17:80] "My Lord, admit me an honorable admittance, and let me depart an honorable departure, and grant me from You a powerful support."
[17:111] "Praise be to GOD, who has never begotten a son, nor does He have a partner in His kingship, nor does He need any ally out of weakness."
[18:10] "Our Lord, shower us with Your mercy, and bless our affairs with Your guidance."
[18:14] "Our only Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth. We will never worship any other god beside Him. Otherwise, we would be far astray."
[23:94] "My Lord, let me not be one of the transgressing people."
[23:97-98] "My Lord, I seek refuge in You from the whispers of the devils. And I seek refuge in You, my Lord, lest they come near me."
[23:109; 118] "Our Lord, we have believed, so forgive us and shower us with mercy. Of all the merciful ones, You are the Most Merciful."
[25:65-66] "Our Lord, spare us the agony of Hell; its retribution is horrendous. It is the worst abode; the worst destiny."
[25:74] "Our Lord, let our spouses and children be a source of joy for us, and keep us in the forefront of the righteous."
[26:83-87] "My Lord, grant me wisdom, and include me with the righteous. Let the example I set for the future generations be a good one. Make me one of the inheritors of the blissful Paradise... And do not forsake me on the Day of Resurrection."
[27:19] "My Lord, direct me to be appreciative of the blessings You have bestowed upon me and my parents, and to do the righteous works that please You. Admit me by Your mercy into the company of Your righteous servants."
[28:16] "My Lord, I have wronged my soul. Please forgive me."
[28:21] "My Lord, save me from the oppressive people."
[28:22] "May my Lord guide me in the right path."
[28:24] "My Lord, whatever provision you send to me, I am in dire need for it."
[37:100] "My Lord, grant me righteous children."
[43:13-14] As you rest on top of (what you ride on), you shall appreciate such a blessing from your Lord, and say, "Glory be to the One who subdued this for us. We could not have controlled them by ourselves. We ultimately return to our Lord."
[46:15] "My Lord, direct me to appreciate the blessings You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and to do the righteous works that please You. Let my children be righteous as well. I have repented to You; I am a submitter."
[59:10] "Our Lord, forgive us and our brethren who preceded us to the faith, and keep our hearts from harboring any hatred towards those who believed. Our Lord, You are Compassionate, Most Merciful."
[60:4-5] "Our Lord, we trust in You, and submit to You; to You is the final destiny. Our Lord, let us not be oppressed by those who disbelieved, and forgive us. You are the Almighty, Most Wise."
[66:8] "Our Lord, perfect our light for us, and forgive us; You are Omnipotent."
[71:28] "My Lord, forgive me and my parents, and anyone who enters my home as a believer, and all the believing men and women..."
[112:1-4] "He is the One and only GOD. The Absolute GOD. Never did He beget. Nor was He begotten. None equals Him."
[113:1-5] "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak. From the evils among His creations. From the evils of darkness as it falls. From the evils of the troublemakers. From the evils of the envious when they envy."
[114:1-6] "I seek refuge in the Lord of the people. The King of the people. The god of the people. From the evils of sneaky whisperers. Who whisper into the chests of the people. Be they of the jinns, or the people."
[3:18; 47:19] GOD bears witness that there is no god except He, and so do the angels and those who possess knowledge ... "There is no other god beside GOD," and ask forgiveness of your sins and the sins of all believing men and women.

No comments:

Post a Comment