Thursday 3 November 2011

Wants to embrace Islam but has been advised to wait

I have been researching Islam for the past month and have also started to read the Quran. I personally feel that I am ready to take the Shahaada but some of my Muslim friends do not feel the same way. They are warning me of making a lifelong commitment so hastily but I feel that I am ready. Could you please advise me on what I need to do so that I can readily accept and declare Allah as the one and only true God with a clear conscious that I did not do anything too soon?
Thank you.

Praise be to Allaah.
Congratulations to you. We could not conceal our joy when we read your question expressing your readiness to enter Islam. The advice you have received from some people to wait is rather strange, but perhaps they are afraid that you may return to disbelief after embracing Islam if you are too hasty. But isn’t death possible at any time? If your answer is yes, do you not see that the best thing to do is to go ahead and enter Islam immediately, so that if your time should come soon, you will meet Allaah as a follower of His religion, Islam, besides which He accepts no other religion. The best of good deeds is the one that is done without delay. Moreover, you have, al-hamdu Lillaah, read about Islam and read the Qur’aan for a reasonable period, so make haste, and do not deprive yourself of the reward which you will earn the sooner you enter Islam. We ask Allaah to help you and make things easy for you, to open your heart to the truth and help you to adhere to it. And Allaah is the source of strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment